Columbus Ohio Truck Accident Injury Attorney
Columbus Auto Accident Lawyer providing aggressive TruckingAccident Injury Attorney legal services in Columbus, Franklin County Ohio, and Central Ohio
Call Toll Free: 800.848-LAWS (5297) to Speak with a Truck Accident Injury Attorney at Maney Law Offices.
Commercial Trucks and the tractor trailers they pull are massive, and can weigh up to 80,000 pounds without a special permit. Anything that comes in contact with a commercial truck and tractor trailer is at a significant disadvantage. Injuries involving a Semit Truck or Commercial truck can be quite severe.
Truck accident injury cases can be very complex, and will typically be heavily disputed by insurance companies. There may be issues as to who will assume legal liability as well. Trucking and transportation companies may invovle third party drivers, owner-operators, there may be a parent company, and so on. Every trucking and transportation entity associated with the truck accident may choose to pass the buck and push liability on other entites.
In the end, it is all smoke and mirrors. If the truck driver is at fault for the accident, you have a right to seek compensation and damages through civil litigation. In the event of the untimely death of a truck accident, the victim's family may seek restitution in a wrongful death civil liability lawsuit.
Common causes of commercial truck accidents include, but are not limited to:
- Driver fatigue - Driver driving beyond the legally allowable period of time per day;
- Texting or Talking on a Cellular Phone while driving;
- Improperly loaded or overloaded trucks;
- Defective equipment and improper rigging on the tractor trailor;
- Poor maintainance record of the truck and or tractor trailer;
- A lack of driver training and experience;
- Driver being under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs, or prescription drugs;
- Driver not maintaining due dilligence in dangerous or hazardous weather conditions;
- Excessive speed;
- Negligent drivers of other vehicles.
Maney Law Offices will ensure you are fully aware of your legal rights as they apply to your Commercial Truck Accident Injury legal situation and circumstances, ensure you are made known all options available to you, and aggressively represent, protect, and defend your rights with the dignity and respect you are deserve.